Care must be taken in the selection of breads. Real bread is nutritious.
DISCOVER REAL BREAD
IT'S MORE THAN A SANDWICH WRAPPER.
Use Care In Selecting Breads.
Real bread Is Nutritious.
Be Sure. Make it Yourself.
Amand’s Kitchen Recipe Archive
Vegan. Prep: 45 min. (Including baking). Makes 12 muffins
(A great way to use Halloween pumpkins.)
3 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp. ground clove
1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
2 cups cooked, pureed, pumpkin (fresh or canned)
1 cup soymilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil (olive)
1/4 cup maple syrup
SunnyDew (to taste)
1 Preheat oven to 375 deg. and grease a muffin tray.
2 In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
3 In a bowl beat together pumpkin, soymilk, oil, and maple syrup and SunnyDew.
4 Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing only enough to moisten the mixtures.
5 Spoon into the muffin tray.
6 Bake at 375 deg. for 30 to 40 minutes.
7 Remove from oven, cool.
AUTUMN PUMPKIN MUFFINS
Recipe From: Lois Emerson
Sift and Mix Together:
1 ½ cups teff and spelt flour (equal amounts) Teff flour is a non-gluten flour.
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon non-aluminum baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
Blend Until Smooth:
1 cup almond beverage (or rice milk)
½ cup oil (safflower)
1/3 cup real sorghum molasses
1 cup 100% pumpkin
1/3 cup honey
½ teaspoon SunnyDew
1/3 cup English walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine both mixtures and mix well until smooth.
3. Add walnuts and raisins, if desired.
4. Fill oiled muffin tins about 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes depending on
size of muffin tins. Tiny muffin tins make just-the-right-size muffins for little
ones or an adult pop-in-the-mouth muffin!
5. Adjust baking time to approximately 10 minutes.
NEVER FAIL CORN BREAD
1 cup blue or yellow corn meal
1 cup spelt or whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon Rumford baking powder
2 Tbs. to 1/4 cup rice syrup or honey
1 cup, rice or soy milk
1 tsp. SunnyDew
1 tablespoon oil (optional) makes bread less crumbly
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine dry ingredients.
3. Add milk and honey or rice syrup, SunnyDew and oil (if used)
4. Mix until well blended.
5. Pour into oiled 8 x8 inch baking pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes or
until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
1. Egg, beaten (for a lighter cake like bread) added when you add rice milk and
2. Add Corn kernels
3. Add red or green pepper, diced, last add jalapenos, diced,
4. Baking time will vary by 5-10 minutes depending on the amount of extra ingredients added.
5. You may also make this recipe into muffins or corn sticks. Oil and flour mini
muffin tin or non stick pans. Baking time: 15-20 minutes. Again, baking time will
increase with any additions. Muffins are done when wooden pick in center comes out clean.
OAT CORN HERB MUFFINS
From: Veggie Life Spring 2004
Makes 12 muffins
½ cup cornmeal
½ cup unbleached white flour
¼ cup brown sugar (or sweet enhancer)
¾ cup oatmeal
1/3 cup minced, fresh herbs, (thyme, oregano, chives, and parsley)
2 tsp. baking powder
1¼ cu buttermilk
1 large organic egg
1 large organic egg white
cooking oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg. Lightly oil a 12-cup muffin tin. In large bowl,
combine cornmeal, flour, SunnyDew or Brown sugar corn meal, herbs, and baking
2. In another bowl, stir together buttermilk and eggs. Pour into dry ingredients a
nd stir quickly to mix.
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin and bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until a
knife or toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes clean.
LACTO/OVO.PER MUFFIN: 92 CAL, 4g PROT, 1g FAT, (<1 sat), 5g CARB, 185mg SOD. 24 CHOL, 1g FIBER.
1 package fruit beverage
8 oz. Chocolate Silk (soy milk)
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 pkg. Quinary powder
Blend and serve
BillandKay want to be your Sponsor-
Mentor in a journey to better health.
Bill and Kay Hughes are
professional Coaches of Complimentary-Alternative Wellness for naturally high
energy using integrated botanicals with bioavailable, nutrients.
The wholsome food and products are available on The Internet.
It's Time To Start.
Quick Click here
On that page, choose "Join Now."